Harmful Code means any form of harmful surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware.
Loss means loss, damage, cost or expense (to any person or property) including consequential or indirect loss or any loss of profits, data or revenue.
Agency means any agency (including departments) of the Australian Government.
You and your means the user of australia.gov.au.
Our, us and we means the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Finance.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. Please check our website.
- You agree to use australia.gov.au only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of australia.gov.au by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to australia.gov.au.
- You must not post or transmit via australia.gov.au any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
- Your use of australia.gov.au does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to you by any Agency; or
- reduce any obligation you owe to any Agency.
- The australia.gov.au website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances. You must exercise your own judgement and carefully evaluate the material on australia.gov.au. Please read the full disclaimer statement.
- We take reasonable care in linking australia.gov.au to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites. Any information on a linked website is provided 'As Is'.
- We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
- We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
- We strive to protect information you provide on australia.gov.au. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure thataustralia.gov.au and your information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enteraustralia.gov.au. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- Where connection to a system or website outside our control compromises the objectives of australia.gov.au, we may sever links to that website or system.
- We do not share information about you with other government agencies without your permission unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested
- is required or authorised by law
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's health.
We use the following criteria to select the links that are included on this site:
- The content must be authentic. Australia.gov.au will primarily link to government content or websites known to be sponsored by the Australian Government. Every effort is made to ensure the links are as current and as complete as possible, however due to the consistent process of change on government websites there will inevitably be a small amount of out-of-date or missing content at any point of time.
- The content should be up-to-date and accurate. Links will be made in good faith with the expectation that the content is appropriately maintained by the author and is timely and accurate. However, we can offer no guarantees of this.
Please note that there are some exceptions:
- Not all sites indexed by australia.gov.au have a '.gov.au' suffix. Examples of exceptions include csiro.au and abc.net.au. Generally, activities funded by the Australian Government on an on-going basis may be considered for inclusion and notification of a new site can be made from the contact us form.
- Privately sponsored sites, for example those maintained by political parties for politicians, are not included. However, Parliamentarians' personal pages maintained by the Australian Parliament House website, aph.gov.au, are fully indexed by theaustralia.gov.au search engine. All online material of ministers that is contained on official .gov.au ministerial websites is also included in the australia.gov.au search index.
Australian Government agencies can inform australia.gov.au of new sites or pages for inclusion in the australia.gov.au indexes using thecontact us form.
All Australian, state, territory and local government websites may link to this site.
You may link to this website as long as you do not:
- imply that the Australian Government endorses your website or product
- use australia.gov.au solely for commercial practices
- change the content of the material technically (eg the material is presented in a frame so that users are unable to determine the location of the original material).
We may ask you to remove the link from your website if these conditions are not met.